This newly created position will be based in South East Queensland (hosted at one of the seven RDA Committee offices according to the location of the successful applicant). For an application pack CLICK HERE
Regional Coordinator – SEQ based
The successful applicant – to be hosted by the SEQ Regional Development Australia (RDA) region in which the successful candidate resides (Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Logan, Toowoomba or Gold Coast) – will:
•Analyse and articulate SEQ regional development priorities
• Describe and broker actions/projects/solutions, with particular emphasis on infrastructure and planning to support sustainable development and capitalise on the NBN
• Represent the SEQ region and be a voice for ‘one region’ or cross regional priorities
• Facilitate and galvanise cross regional activities
Also assist the SEQ RDA Executive Officers Group by:
• Galvanising and harnessing expertise across the region
• Improving its capacity to communicate evidence based regional inputs to government planning, priority setting and budget allocation
• Implementing cross-regional/cross border RDA priorities to help achieve regional, state and national objectives
• Identifying private sector co-investment and leverage opportunities where strategic and appropriate
• Broker consortia actions and projects, with specific focus on capitalising on the NBN
• Improving awareness of Government programs with SEQ and/or Eastern Growth Corridor integration implications
• Promoting awareness and communication of cross-regional priorities
• Supporting RDA engagement with key stakeholders.
Selection criteria – the person we are seeking can:
(1) Focus Strategically
(2) Ensure closure and deliver on intended results
(3) Facilitate cooperation and partnerships
(4) Commit to action
(5) Negotiate persuasively.
The SEQ RDA Coordinator will be supported by and report to a steering committee consisting of representatives of the SEQ RDAs and will be line managed by the host RDA committee.