Queensland businesses at the forefront of commercialising cutting edge research or innovative ideas, products or services have an opportunity to access $40 million of investment to help unlock their innovative potential.
Through the Business Development Fund the State Government will invest between $125,000 and $2.5 million in a Queensland business to help turn their ideas and innovations into a commercial reality.
Queensland based businesses which:
- are commercialising research, an innovative idea or an innovative product or service
- require seed, early stage or follow-on investment
- will create opportunities for new, high value and skilled employment
- have a realistic prospect of becoming commercially successful.
Private sector co-investors who have:
- committed to providing an investment in a business that at least matches the investment sought from the Fund
- demonstrated commitment to, and track record in making investments in seed and early stage businesses
- experience in providing support, management and mentorship to seed and early stage businesses
- a strong and established reputation
- the ability to manage Fund reporting.
- Online application
- Investment pitch
The Business Development Fund focuses on the growth of innovative Queensland businesses, particularly in emerging industries . It will create high value, knowledge-based and skilled jobs now and into the future.
Through providing early stage co-investment funding, the Business Development Fund will promote angel and venture capital investment in Queensland-based businesses. This will help facilitate the development of a sustainable private market for venture capital finance in Queensland.