A Sunshine Coast that is innovative, dynamic, connected and sustainable.
To connect people from within our region and across other regions to strengthen business growth, generate innovative sustainable solutions and enhance regional economic development.
The purpose of Regional Development Australia Sunshine Coast is to strengthen and build the Sunshine Coast community.
RDA Sunshine Coast does this by:
- Consulting and engaging with the community on issues, solutions and priorities
- Promoting whole-of-government activities
- Supporting informed regional planning
- Providing communities with information about government programs, services, grants and initiatives.
By being important contributors to:
- Business growth plans and investment strategies
- Environmental solutions
- Social inclusion strategies
Regional Development Australia (RDA) Sunshine Coast is part of a national network of 52 committees made up of local leaders who work with all levels of government, business and community groups to support the development of their regions.
Our not-for-profit, community-based organisation’s vision is to create an innovative, dynamic, connected and sustainable Sunshine Coast.
A Federal Government initiative, we identify local priorities, align resources, engage stakeholders and promote solutions to strengthen and build the region.
RDA Sunshine Coast’s highly experienced committee has a unique insight into federal, state and local government policies and initiatives, allowing us to play a key leadership role in engaging our local community in change and innovation.
The RDA Sunshine Coast Business Plan has been developed based on these four, three-year overarching objectives:
Advocacy for improved transport
We will continue to work with all three levels of government to drive investment in improved transport infrastructure and smart-transport solutions.
Leveraging investment in the Sunshine Coast Airport expansion
The RDA is supporting the development of potential airport freight opportunities and export clusters at the Sunshine Coast Airport in partnership with the local Food and Agribusiness Network (FAN).
Connecting businesses to opportunities
To maximise government grants in the region, RDA Sunshine Coast is developing a grant-writing program. This will better connect local businesses to a grant-writing service, available grants and grant writing tips. This move is in recognition of the fact that Sunshine Coast small businesses, start-ups and not-for-profit organisations often do not have the time, funds and/or access to the skills, knowledge and resources required to submit competitive grant and funding applications.
Supporting regional innovation, including leveraging the Sunshine Coast International Broadband Submarine Cable
We will identify and communicate the regional benefits of the submarine cable and the economic opportunities that it provides, while continuing to promote the Coast as a destination for entrepreneurs, investors and multi-nationals.
RDA Sunshine Coast also has a leadership role in the Sunshine Coast Regional Innovation Pipeline Team (#SCRIPT) project. RDA Sunshine Coast, Sunshine Coast Council and Noosa Council are lead collaborators in this initiative that aims to attract, connect and support innovators across the Sunshine Coast region.
What is RDA Sunshine Coast chartered to do?
Regional Development Australia (RDA) is a national network of Committees made up of local leaders who work with all levels of government, business and community groups to support the economic development of their regions.
RDA Committees have an active and facilitative role in their communities and a clear focus on growing strong and confident regional economies that harness their competitive advantages, seize on economic opportunity and attract investment.
Working in close partnership with fellow RDA Committees, all levels of government, and the private sector, RDA Committees will:
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to identify economic opportunities and attract private and public sector investment in the regions.
- Connect regional businesses, councils and industry sectors with international trade partners, financial markets and potential investors.
- Promote and disseminate information on Australian Government policies and grant programs to state and local governments and industry, business and community sectors.
- Support community stakeholders to develop project proposals to access funding.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with the local government bodies in their regions.
- Facilitate public and private sector decentralisation.
- Assist in the delivery of Australian Government programs, where relevant and where requested by the Minister.
- Engage with regional entrepreneurs and emerging business leaders to explore new opportunities to grow local jobs in the region.
- Provide information on their region’s activities and competitive advantages to all levels of government, industry, business and community sectors.
- Provide evidence-based advice to the Australian Government on critical regional development issues positively and negatively affecting their regions.
Join the RDA Committee
Applications are invited for Committee member positions at REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT AUSTRALIA SUNSHINE COAST.
Make a difference in your region
Regional Development Australia Sunshine Coast (RDASC) is seeking highly-motivated leaders with vision, drive, and strong ties to their region to volunteer to the RDASC Committee.
RDA Committees are vital promoters for their state/region. They bring together private business and all levels of government with regional stakeholders to build and drive economic growth.
Applications are sought from business and community leaders who have a proven track record of achieving meaningful outcomes in a complex environment.
Women, people from Indigenous and diverse cultural backgrounds, and people with disability are encouraged to apply.
An Applicant Information Pack, including the application form, can be found at RDASC Committee Members Applicant Information Pack 2021
For further information, email@example.com
Applications close at 5pm AEST Friday 23 April 2021