Join sustainability strategist Dr Martin Blake and the Carbon Reduction Institute at a business breakfast on 30 March to hear about how you can turn your business into ‘blue’.
A Blue Economy is the new system for businesses, using energy and resources in endless loops to efficiently meet the needs of system members with no waste.
A blue company follows the traditional five ‘R’ policies toward sustainability:
- Redesign products, processes and services to achieve the zero waste goals
- Replace harmful materials and energy sources with safe ones
- Reduce the consumption of non-renewable energy and all other inputs
- Refine production processes and delivery systems to optimal efficiency
- Recirculate all by-products and residuals without causing harm to nature or humans.
Success through sustainability business breakfast
Date: Monday, 30 March 2015
Time: 7am – 9.30am
Venue: Solbar, 12-20 Ocean Street, Maroochydore
About Dr Martin Blake
Dr Blake is an internationally recognised sustainability expert and a Professor of Sustainable Business Development. He is highly valued for his innovative business strategies that save money and energy, while helping businesses to add value to the triple bottom line of people, profit and planet.
Named one of the Top 100 Global Sustainability Leaders in 2011, 2012 and 2013, Dr Blake is at the forefront of a generation of change agents who know that profitable business practice is enhanced by a more intelligent use of natural resources to create resilient businesses for the 21st century.
The Carbon Reduction Institute (CRI)
CRI is committed to protecting our environment by encouraging businesses to reduce their carbon emissions.