About 85% of trips made by employees are by private motor vehicle. As the population grows, this will become unsustainable and impact the Coast’s lifestyle and environment. Alternate, SMART transport solutions are available now.
The purpose of the Smart Transport Forum (Large Employers*) is to educate employers about available options. Employers are critical to influencing employee behaviour change.
The benefits of promoting sustainable transportation include:
- Reduced commute costs for employees (increased take-home pay; fuel and vehicle depreciation).
- Healthier lifestyles for employees.
- Reliable and productive staff.
- Promotion of employee networking.
- Improved employee morale and retention, by reducing commuting stress.
- Reduced turnover and costs.
- Reduced demand on limited parking resources.
- Measurable decrease in Green House Gas Emissions; reduction of carbon / pollution footprint, and corporate fuel consumption footprint.
- Positioning as a ‘green’ organisation.
The Sunshine Coast requires a transport system that will meet the needs of the community, foster economic prosperity and sustainability into the future. Discover how your business can reduce its congestion footprint. Presenters include representatives from:
- Ernst & Young
- Sunshine Coast Council’s TravelSmart
- Regional Development Australia (RDA) Sunshine Coast
Networking opportunities available.
If you are unable to attend, please forward to a proxy from your organisation.
*Large employers being in this case 50+ employees.