Can you attract 70 business and community leaders in one room to talk about cost benefit analysis?
Yes, you can – a large crowd attended RDA Sunshine Coast’s highly successful event, Grants for Growth: Top 3 Tips on How to Prepare a Competitive Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA).
Held at the Maroochy RSL on Thursday, February 7 from 8.30-10am, it marked our first free event in our Grants for Growth series for 2019.
The exciting and memorable event connected local businesses and community groups with competitive government grant and funding opportunities and revealed insights into what makes a great government grant.
It included an interesting and informative expert panel discussion, led by RDA Sunshine Coast CEO Paul Fisher (second from left), which showcased their wealth of knowledge and advice about government grants.
The panel included (from left) Rob Hall, Lead Economic Consultant, i.d – the population experts; Robyn Mercer, Principal Consultant, White and Grey Consulting; Kerrieanne Haggie, Industry Advancement Leader, Tourism, Sport and Leisure, Economic Development and Major Projects at Sunshine Coast Council; and Dr Latiffa Ling, Director, Commercial Evaluation and Management | Queensland Government Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning (not pictured).
A Q&A session, networking opportunity and refreshments followed.
The esteemed panel members’ top grant tips included:
- Present a clear picture of all project costs
- Ensure the project outcomes align with the grant objectives
- Show how the project benefits will continue to be delivered into the future
- Link your proposed outcomes to the unique characteristics of the area/s you will be implementing the project
- Demonstrate you have the required internal environment and capability to achieve the proposed benefits
- Identify the regional drivers and the industry most likely to benefit
- Quantify the project benefits, with level of detail proportionate to the likely impacts.
For more tips, and a full run-down of the event’s moderated panel discussion, visit https://www.rdasunshinecoast.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/RDASC-Grants-for-Growth-CBA-Top-3-Tips_for-web.pdf.
Stay tuned for more details to come across our social media platforms on our next Growth for Grants free community event.