A group of experienced and accomplished men and women from the business and education sectors have been appointed to the committee of Regional Development Australia (RDA) Sunshine Coast. They are:
- Jason Law, former Queensland State Manager of Telstra and Telstra’s current National General Manager, Local Government and Smart Cities
- David Andrews, management consultant and strategist connected to Agribusiness sector
- Roland De Marco, Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research and Innovation) at the University of the Sunshine Coast
- Leanne Layfield, Business Connector and former Business Professional Woman of the Year finalist
- Paul Lunn, owner of chartered accounts and auditors, Love and Partners
- Tim Marchington, co-founder and Managing Director of icix (global technology company)
- Simone Pearce, Lecturer in Law/Academic at the University of the Sunshine Coast, and Company Secretary of Sunshine Coast Lightning
- Marc Robinson, partner at BDO
- Teressa Schmidt, Associate Vice Chancellor at CQ University, and
- Judy Tomlinson, hinterland advocate and Celebrate Glasshouse Country promoter
They will join current committee members Judi Lalor, Brett De Chastel (Ex Officio), and Michael Whittaker (Ex Officio).
Chair Carol Cashman welcomed their appointment and said RDA Sunshine Coast was very fortunate to have had so many quality applications for positions on the committee.
“The new members represent important industry sectors and geographical diversity,” she said.
“As a connector for economic development in the region the new RDA Committee has the necessary mix of skills to make good decisions and get things done for the Sunshine Coast.”
Regional Development Australia (RDA) is a national network of 55 committees made up of local leaders who work with all levels of government, business and community groups to support the development of their regions.
Ms Cashman thanked previous committee members for their commitment and service over the past three years.
“I look forward to working with our new committee on continuing to deliver outcomes for our region.”