The Queensland-Smithsonian Fellowships Program supports collaborative projects between the Queensland Government and the Smithsonian Institution, based in the United States. It supports fellows from Queensland’s research, education and cultural sectors to visit a Smithsonian Institution facility in the United States and complete a project.
Fellowships are awarded for a diverse range of projects, including those in the natural sciences, social sciences, the arts, education or museum management.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday, 11 December 2015.
Funding of up to A$25,000 (excluding GST) is available to fellows for projects running for 8 to 16 weeks.
Up to four Queensland-Smithsonian Fellowships will be awarded during the 2015-16 funding round.
- be an Australian resident or have Australian residency
- live and work in Queensland
- be employed by a Queensland-based government agency, body or corporation, or a Queensland-based research, educational or cultural institution
- have not previously received a fellowship
- apply as an individual, as joint applications will not be considered.
More information about the Queensland-Smithsonian Fellowships is available: