The Sunshine Coast Draft Economic Development Strategy has been released for public consultation.
The draft strategy proposes new economic priorities for the region to 2033 and a five-year suite of actions to grow a strong, resilient and prosperous economic future.
The development of the draft Sunshine Coast Economic Development Strategy 2013-2033, Sunshine Coast – The Natural Advantage is a collaborative approach by business, industry and local government leaders on the Sunshine Coast. Its taskforce members include:
- Sunshine Coast Council and Sunshine Coast Economic Development Advisory Board
- Regional Development Australia Sunshine Coast
- Sunshine Coast Destination Limited
- Chambers of Commerce and Industry Queensland, Sunshine Coast
- Sunshine Coast Business Council
- Property Council of Australia – Queensland Division, Sunshine Coast Committee
- Urban Development Institute of Australia Sunshine Coast
- University of the Sunshine Coast
The final strategy will include valuable contributions from Sunshine Coast residents, canvassed through public consultation. Have your say by completing a short online survey.
The survey closes at 5 pm on 19 June 2013.
To view the draft strategy and its research compendium click here.