It is true that travel to work by private car is sometimes the only option on the Sunshine Coast. But what if that car was carrying two extra passengers who left their cars at home?
If just 25% of the Sunshine Coast population left their car at home one day a week – and, instead, used public transport, walked, rode or car-pooled – there would be 40,000 fewer vehicles on our already-congested roads each week.
Sunshine Coast employers are invited to discover solutions they can implement today to reduce congestion, travel costs and demand on limited parking resources – and improve employee morale and productivity – at the free SMART transport forum in Noosa on Wednesday, April 18.
You will hear from:
- Transportation planning leader Mott Macdonald, about the influence transportation has on a community’s economic health and quality of life, and how effective travel plans make such benefits a reality.
- TransLink, about the business travel products that are available now.
- Noosa Council, about the tools, initiatives and solutions currently in place to encourage behaviour change; and
- Rideshare solution Liftango, on how it can solve transportation and parking problems for businesses with an easy-to-use mobile app that matches drivers and passengers for rideshares.
Some things we can’t change. Let’s change the things we can by implementing solutions to the challenges we are facing on the Sunshine Coast. Employers CAN influence travel behaviour and make a difference.
Register for the forum below:
- 18 April 2018
- 9:00 am – 11:00 am AEST
- RACV Noosa Resort | 94 Noosa Drive, Noosa Heads Q 4567