A special Youth Prosperity Forum will be held on 12 November to discuss ‘what else can we do to prepare our youth and the region for the next economic upturn’?
The forum’s objectives are to:
- throw a spotlight on the health, social and economic costs of high youth unemployment
- hear what is happening from charities and employment providers on the ground to address these issues
- support youth into future employment and prosperity.
RDA Sunshine Coast Chair Prof Max Standage said the region’s high youth unemployment rate had reached an unacceptably high level, placing future generations at considerable risk.
“As a sponsor of this important event, we encourage the business community and government leaders to join in this discussion to ensure our young people are trained and skilled to be welcomed into tomorrow’s workforce,” he said.
The forum is hosted by Sunshine Coast Business Council. Guest speakers include:
- David Rumbens (keynote speaker), Partner, Deloitte Access Economics
- Kylee Bates, State Director, Service Delivery, Mission Australia
- Ivan Neville, Branch Manager, Labour Market Research and Analysis, Department of Employment
- Paul Moreton, Chief Executive Officer, Integrated Family & Youth Service
- Jody Tunnicliffe, Executive Officer, St Vincent de Paul Society
- Kris McCue, Caboolture-Sunshine Coast Employment Coordinator, Department of Employment
Youth Prosperity Forum
Date: Tuesday, 12 November 2013
Time: 1pm – 6.30pm
Venue: Innovation Centre Sunshine Coast, Sippy Downs Drive, Sippy Downs
RSVP: 4 November