Regional Development Australia (RDA) Sunshine Coast is part of a national network of 52 committees made up of local leaders who work with all levels of government, business and community groups to support the development of their regions.
Our not-for-profit, community-based organisation’s vision is to create an innovative, dynamic, connected and sustainable Sunshine Coast.
A Federal Government initiative, we identify local priorities, align resources, engage stakeholders and promote solutions to strengthen and build the region.
RDA Sunshine Coast’s highly experienced committee has a unique insight into federal, state and local government policies and initiatives, allowing us to play a key leadership role in engaging our local community in change and innovation.
New Business Plan
Last August, the RDA Sunshine Coast signed off on its 2018/19 Business Plan which has been developed based on these four, three-year overarching objectives:
1. Advocacy for improved transport: We will continue to work with all three levels of government to drive investment in improved transport infrastructure and smart-transport solutions.
2. Leveraging investment in the Sunshine Coast Airport expansion: The RDA is supporting the development of potential airport freight opportunities and export clusters at the Sunshine Coast Airport in partnership with the local Food and Agribusiness Network (FAN).
3. Supporting regional innovation, including leveraging the Sunshine Coast International Broadband Submarine Cable: We will identify and communicate the regional benefits of the submarine cable and the economic opportunities that it provides, while continuing to promote the Coast as a destination for entrepreneurs.
RDA Sunshine Coast also has a leadership role in the Sunshine Coast Regional Innovation Pipeline Team (#SCRIPT) project. RDA Sunshine Coast, Sunshine Coast Council and Noosa Council are lead collaborators in this initiative that aims to attract, connect and support innovators across the Sunshine Coast region.
4. Connecting businesses to opportunities: To maximise government grants in the region, RDA Sunshine Coast is developing a grant-writing program. This will better connect local businesses to a grant-writing service, available grants and grant writing tips. This move is in recognition of the fact that Sunshine Coast small businesses, start-ups and not-for-profit organisations often do not have the time, funds and/or access to the skills, knowledge and resources required to submit competitive grant and funding applications.
What is RDA Sunshine Coast chartered to do?
Regional Development Australia (RDA) is a national network of Committees made up of local leaders who work with all levels of government, business and community groups to support the economic development of their regions.
RDA Committees have an active and facilitative role in their communities and a clear focus on growing strong and confident regional economies that harness their competitive advantages, seize on economic opportunity and attract investment.
Working in close partnership with fellow RDA Committees, all levels of government, and the private sector, RDA Committees will:
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to identify economic opportunities and leverage private and public sector investment to the regions;
- Connect regional businesses, councils and industry sectors with international trade partners, financial markets and potential investors;
- Promote and disseminate information on Australian Government policies and grant programs to state and local governments and industry, business and community sectors;
- Support community stakeholders to develop project proposals to access funding;
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with the local government bodies in their regions;
- Facilitate public and private sector decentralisation;
- Assist in the delivery of Australian Government programs, where relevant and where requested by the Minister;
- Engage with regional entrepreneurs and emerging business leaders to explore new opportunities to grow local jobs in their regions;
- Provide information on their region’s activities and competitive advantages to all levels of government, industry, business and community sectors; and
- Provide evidence-based advice to the Australian Government on critical regional development issues positively and negatively affecting their regions.
Join the RDA Committee
By joining the RDA Sunshine Coast committee, you can make a difference in our region.
Committee members use their skills and experience to increase investment in infrastructure and business activity to improve productivity and employment in the region.
Talk to our RDA Committee Chair or CEO and find out about the priorities for our region, how we are working to find solutions, the commitment required of committee members and how you can contribute your skills and experience.
Further information is available on the RDA website.
If you need assistance completing the Expression of Interest form, please phone the Helpline 1800 505 938 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm AEDST) or email email@example.com.
We acknowledge the traditional owners of the country throughout Australia and their continuing connection to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to them and their cultures and to the elders past and present.